Sunday School, Child Care and Options for Little Wigglers
Foundry’s Sunday School is provided at 10:10 AM for children age 2 through 12th grade. Students in the 9th grade and older are part of the Youth Ministry. For any woship service, children are invited to attend with their family. During our 9:00 AM 11:15 AM Worship Services, the clergy offer a Children's Message designed especially for them.
10:10 AM Sunday School Offerings
Ages 2 - 3: Childcare Center
Pre-K - K: Room 206
Grades 1 - 2: Room 204
Grades 3 - 5: Room 205
Grades 6 - 8: Room 203
Grades 9 - 12: Youth Room
Sunday School Registration
It is important that each year you register your child or children for Sunday School. The information allows us to contact parents regarding special events, locate child liturgists and in cases of emergencies. Registration is quick, easy and free! Registration forms can be obtained from your child’s Sunday School teacher and by clicking here.
Options for our Little Wigglers
Children and youth are invited to attend church services with their families. During worship services, wiggle bags and children’s worship bulletins are available. Wiggle bags contain crayons and coloring activity sheets. The children’s worship bulletin reinforces the Sunday School lesson for the week.
Alternatively, several options for children during the services are listed below. Please notice the age range appropriate for each option.
Wiggle Space: This space located in the Community Commons is available on Sunday. This space contains a book cart, rug for children to crawl on, video monitors and audio of the worship service, beverage service, and space for adults to interact with children. Because this is not a controlled space, adults are required to supervise their children. Unsupervised children will be directed back to their adults and not allowed to stay in this space.
Wiggle Room: This offering provided in room 206 from 9:15 - 10:00 AM & 11:30 AM - 12:15 PM is for children ages 4 – 10 years old whose adults would like to be in the worship service. Supervision is provided by background-checked, adult servant leaders. Adults must bring children to this room and pick them up.
Children’s Choir: This activity in room B-1 from 9:15 - 10:00 AM is held on the first, third, fourth, and fifth Sundays of the month for first through fifth grade children. Adults must bring children to this room and pick them up.
Kids' Worship Service: Our Kids’ Worship Services are held at 9:15 AM on second Sundays and are tailored to children, meeting them where they are and allowing them to learn about the richness of our faith and worship of God at Foundry. These services are for all children. We invite them to skip, jump and play as the Spirit moves them in their celebration of God.
Children from birth through age 3 may receive childcare in the Childcare Center from 8:45 AM - 2:15 PM. Foundry’s Childcare is provided by well-qualified, paid staff and loving servant leaders. Adults must bring children to this room and pick them up after service.
Things to remember for Childcare:
- When you bring your child, please make sure that your diaper bag is labeled.
- Register your child on the sign-in sheet, along with any information the workers should know - such as feeding instructions and where you may be located. Pagers are available upon request.
- Try not to have lengthy goodbyes with your child. It is natural for small children to cry a few tears when they are left in a new place for the first time. Most of the time, children adjust quickly to their surroundings once Mommy or Daddy is out of sight! You will be notified if there is a concern or emergency.
- Our nursery rooms are busy places on Sunday mornings! In the interest of crowd control and the safety of the children, we ask that only one parent enter the childcare room with their child.
- Breastfeeding moms may be interested to know that there is a quiet, private area in the Crib Nursery (room 151) available for your use.
- Extra loving hands are always needed in this area. If you’ve got the itch to hold a newborn baby, you can sign up for one service a month. That’s twelve annual reminders of the miracle and blessing of babies without missing a full night’s sleep!
To receive regular updates about our Children's Ministries offerings, please sign up for the email list here.
To read our Safe Sanctuary policy, please click here.